Sunday, September 12, 2010

Update: Remember the Preseason

This long-awaited day -- my favorite day of the year -- is finally upon us. Let's remember articles like this one, from Yahoo Sports, arguing that the Jets and Cowboys aren't real contenders because the "preseason has revealed" their weaknesses. After the season, when I do my Year 2 Review, I'll be returning to this post as part of my project to assess whether or not the preseason really matters. Simmons argues that weeks 1 and 2 are the easiest to bet because you know as much as Vegas does. That may be true, although the linemakers have certainly broken down the preseason much more extensively than people like I have. We'll see if it ends up mattering.

In the meantime, real football is here, and there appear to be no significant new injury developments in the 49ers/Seahawks game. I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. We're gonna need a full report on the Week 1 debacle ASAP. I still have faith in you JB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, you're just as good at this as you were last year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah yeah, what a disaster. I really liked that pick too! Yeesh. Remind me never to pick a team that has Alex Smith as its QB.

    And Ramesh, it does seem like I should head for us to head to the back row of Fed Courts and proceed to complain about how bad my pick was for 2 hours. Good times!

    ReplyDelete